Monday, July 2, 2007

Monday Stats and Training Update

Happy Monday and Happy July. Last week was a very good week, all the way around. Down 5 from last Monday's post and down 7 from Tuesday's unofficial weigh-in. Worked really hard to keep the calories down and exercise up.

Just 10 days from today is my Fat-A-Versary (or should I call it a Skinny-Versary.) Although I'm not far from it, I would love to be down 150 (or more) on 7/12, the date that will live in infamy. (Wait, I think that line might be already used.) These numbers are getting so big, they're nearly incomprehensible. Anyway, Deb thinks I should do something special. I can't really decide, but I'm thinking it might involve CHOCOLATE! No, no, come on, I'm just kidding. But really, maybe a nice long run? I don't know. Too bad it's a work day -- maybe the company could make it a holiday? I'm sure we'll think of something.

As for training, so far, so good, I'm right on track for the half marathon training plan. Plan was for 12 miles last week, completed 13.3. Same goal for this week. The weekend was absolutely perfect so I got out with my kids and brother for about 16 miles of biking.

All in all, a darn near perfect week! Even finished the week up as the big winner in last night's poker game! Woo Hoo!

L'Chaim!

4 comments:

bigmike600 said...

Nice week Jeff. Thanks for chiming in on the shoe thing. I really love the beast but it is heavy and I am wondering if I really need all that shoe.
Yes the data I post is from the Garmin software that is on the PC. My wife and I love our Garmins so much that we kid if we had to choose between them and each other, we would try to stay in touch!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey bro... what's it been 30 years since we've been bike riding together? Sunday was great for me, the first time getting out for a serious ride with my son and brother (and nephews) at the same time. The kids loved it but it was special for me as well. I'm looking forward to many more.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kim Herring said...

Nice work Jeff! I say you definitely celebrate when you hit that 150 mark - maybe a new piece of clothing or a lovely walk with your wife. Definitely a time to celebrate for you.

Thank you for sharing the pictures of Seattle. It looks like your family had a great vacation.

Thank you for continuing to be an inspiration!