Sunday, July 15, 2007

Garmin ROCKS and so do the O's!

I mentioned a week or two that I had purchased a Garmin 305. I first used it last weekend for two runs and a bike ride. By Sunday, one of the buttons on the thing was inoperable. I was very disappointed.

On Tuesday, I called Garmin. They suggest first that I return it to the retailer -- buy.com -- for a replacement. No deal, I love buy.com for their prices, but speed is not exactly their main attraction -- I'd have to pay for the return, then wait for pony express to deliver. I envisioned a 3 week turnaround.

No problem! Garmin gave me their overnight shipping info and said I'd have a replacement in 5-7 business days. Okay, I can live with that. I shipped out Tuesday and, much to my surprise, the UPS man showed up on Friday with the replacement. NOW THAT'S SERVICE!

On another note, last night, I went to the Orioles game with my kids and an out of town friend and his son. I've been really down on the O's for quite a long time, cause they've spent more time stinkin' up the city than propping it up. I was ready to head out after the 8th inning, down 6-4. Who woulda thunk -- 2 runs in the 9th to tie and one in the tenth to win. It's not gonna get us to the playoffs, but it was an enjoyable win, none the less. Go O's!

L'Chaim!

2 comments:

Pat said...

It's tough being in the AL east with the free spending monsters up north. I think they need to realign according to market size.

As it is now, it's hard to compete. Especially in the AL east.

pat

Did you get the $50 rebate with your garmin? You still can, if you didn't.

bigmike600 said...

Jeff my Garmin also had a problem with the USB port on the Garmin itself and I had the same results as you. Garmins customer service is outstanding and that is why I would buy their products again.