I appreciate all of your well wishes from yesterday's post. Jenny and Mike, you guys crack me up -- "a triathlete in the making" and "I smell a bike addiction coming on" -- what about letting me wallow in my ankle pain -- at least for another day! Then there's Neil, aka Jo Brotha. First thing he says to me is "sorry about the ankle, now you can go get a real bike and we can ride together!" I'm suddenly feeling ganged up on!
With all this pressure, I need to share my top 10 reasons why I CAN'T take up biking:
10. No room in my garage for another two wheeled vehicle.
9. I'm a cheap bastard and I've seen how much bikes can cost.
8. I'd be banished from the Runner's World bulletin board.
7. Formerly Fat Biking Guy just doesn't have the same ring as Formerly Fat Running Guy.
6. So much for Neil and I doing a duathlon relay.
5. My doctor absolutely refuses to prescribe EPO.
4. Imagine what it would do to my dad's (aka Jaybird) ego when I whoop him for the first time.
3. What about the big investment (12.5 cents) Deb made in the Hal Higdon Marathon training book?
2. If I bought a bike, I'd have to buy Deb something much smaller, but much shinier. (See number 9.)
1. Even down 150+ pounds, the world isn't ready to see me in bike shorts.
But seriously, I know that the point is to move on and get active in some other way. And that I will! Promise!