Monday, June 25, 2007

Monday Stats and Training Update

After doing pretty well on vacation, or so I thought, I feel like I blew it in the last day and a half.

I had really eaten very well over the vacation. Lots of fish, veggies, some fruit. Not a lot of bad stuff to kill the diet.

Then there was the exercise. 9 miles on hotel treadmills, hours of swimming with the kids and lots and lots of walking. (I had no idea Seattle was such a hilly city!)

Our last hotel had a scale, which seemed to indicate a one pound loss as of Saturday morning.

Saturday night, we headed to Safeco Park and there was that smell. Mmmm, what is that -- freshly popped kettle corn. Now, this is not something that would normally drive me crazy, but the smell was just amazing. I bought a family sized bag -- actually, the bag could have fed the Osmonds. We got to our seats and ripped that baby open. Deb and I took turns passing the bag back and forth "for the last time". Oh, and the kids had some too! It was really good. I can only imagine how many calories I took in that night.

I got on the scale this morning and read a two pound increase. A bit of a disappointment, but not a disaster. Time to get back to business. Looking forward to my Weis salad for lunch! Back on the treadmill tomorrow.

L'Chaim!

2 comments:

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

You know what I call a two pound weight gain on vacation?

A successful vacation. I am taking a cruise in Aug with the family and I am dreading the scale when I come back and it is only June now.

Great job and go forward.

Anonymous said...

Heh, I agree with Dan. I would love to come home from vacation with only 2 lbs. Just once!

It is great that you know exactly what caused the 2 lb gain, which I am sure will be gone with a day or two of returning to normal eating and drinking lots of water.