Sunday, January 27, 2008

Running Arizona



Pat from Arizona has organized a couple of teams to Run and Walk Across Arizona. Why Arizona? Well, that's where Pat lives. (Duh!)

Beginning today, and for the next 16 weeks, all of my mileage will count towards Team BlogRunWalk's goal of 2000 miles. My personal commitment is 410 miles. Only 25.7 miles per week. Sounds like a lot but between the marathon training and the mileage counts for non-running, such as 4 miles for a one hour spin class, it can be done.

Looking forward to putting in the miles along with teammates Pat, Katie, Cheryl, Eric, Karen, Lisa, and Joe.

Just trying to figure out how I'll be able to stop by The Tee Pee for dinner and a coupla margaritas as I run by.

L'Chaim!

6 comments:

Roger S said...

When you stop by the Tee Pee (the original Tee Pee Tap Romm at 43rd & Indian School), order me a #5 and a green corn tamale on the side.

Good luck to you all!!!!!

Roger S said...

that's the Tee Pee Tap ROOM

Pat said...

Ok, I've lived in AZ for 12 years now and I have not been to the Tee Pee. I saw it the other day, the parking lot was packed.

I'll have to go for the whole team.

Roger S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Roger S said...

Pat, the original Tee Pee on Indian School is a Phoenix landmark. A real treasure. I lived there for 10 years and went there often. My former roommate (Jeff, you remember Bubs?) was a bartender there. The menu and the decor are the same - only the prices have changed. You must go.

Pokey said...

Tee Pee is AWESOME! When we had season tickets for Dbacks we used to eat there - obviously, the one in downtown Phoenix - all the time. They had an old school bus - called the Big Dog Shuttle - that would take you to the ball park afterwards...it was AWESOME!

Sadly, the BD Shuttle is no more - apparently the bus died and they opted not to keep the tradition :(

You need to find a way to AZ for some good running and good Mexican food!