Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Be It Hereby Resolved

I've never been one for New Year's resolutions. I'd never joined a gym like the millions that will do so this week. I'm not even a great goal setter, but that has seemed to work for me over the past 17 1/2 months.

So here they are, my 2008 goals:

1,000 miles running -- this is a stretch, a big stretch. What's that, about 83 miles a month? Ok, the fact that my top monthly mileage ever is 66 won't deter me. The key is to stay healthy.

1,000 miles biking -- this will be my first real season with a bike (well, since I was like 14). I feel pretty comfortable with this one, but we'll see how it goes.

swimming -- I just throw that in there cause I want to. No specifics, yet, but when we join our gym, I want to get a few swims in a month.

199.0 -- My ultimate weight goal -- about 42 pounds to go.

Events -- So far, just two on my radar:

4/27 -- Pike's Peek 10k -- Want to blow away last year's 88 minutes.
5/4 -- Frederick Marathon -- The big one!

We'll see what else the year brings. Looking for a duathlon and, we'll see how the swimming goes, maybe even a late season tri -- ya never know!

Happy 2008 to you all.

L'Chaim!

10 comments:

Pat said...

Good Goals. You can do it and I look forward to reading all about it.
Happy New Year!

Pokey said...

Awesome Jeff!

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT!!!! You will be GREAT :)

Dave said...

Good Luck Jeff - Despite all the setbacks, 2007 was an amazing year for you and you've been able to battle the psychological ones (dealing with injuries) as much as the physical (dealing with injuries) ;-)

Here's to a great 2008 and we look forward to seeing more walls crashing down for you!

113 days until the big one!!

Cheryl said...

Excellent goals for 2008! Here's a triathlon that I had been considering. I think it's closer to you, though. Looks like fun for the whole family.
Black Bear Triathlon in the Poconos of PA. June 2008. Sprint and 1/2 Iron distances. http://www.cgiracing.com/

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Fantastic goals Jeff. Can't wait to follow you this year as you cross them off.

Anonymous said...

Looks great, Jeff!

Anonymous said...

Great goals Jeff! Wish I would be around to cheer you on at Frederick, but I will be in FL tackling the Minnie Marathon 15K. Next year I want to do the Maryland Double, so I should be there for that one should you decide to do it again. :)

Anonymous said...

Great goals Jeff! Wish I would be around to cheer you on at Frederick, but I will be in FL tackling the Minnie Marathon 15K. Next year I want to do the Maryland Double, so I should be there for that one should you decide to do it again. :)

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog...are you a writer? Anywho, I found your blog through Katie from b-more's blog. I just wanted to drop by and say you have made such amazing progress...I hope to stick with it just as you have.

Maybe I'll bump into at the Frederick race...I'm doing the half, it'll be my second one.

Kim Herring said...

Hah - A tri on the horizon? I'm so excited for you - I know you can do it because you've done everything that you've set your mind to.

Jeff - come over to the dark side - lol