Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Last Week -- What Could Be Bad

The biggest mileage week on the schedule was, well, big. 44.9 total miles from Monday through Sunday. That's big! Not a whole lot else for the week, but when would I have done anything else, really?

Amazingly, all those miles really didn't translate into the scale. I was dead even for the week at 234.2. Nothing gained, nothing lost. Well, better than gaining, I suppose. Still, with all of those calories being burned, hard to believe I made up for all of them. Oy!

The week ahead has about 30 miles on the schedule. As of now, Tuesday morning, I haven't run an inch -- planning to get back out tonight, though. Will try out the cool new (geeky?) fuel belt I bought over the weekend -- just like the one to the left, in black. Gotta love new toys.

L'Chaim!

13 comments:

Emil Von Runner said...

I have that same fuel belt, but in gray. It works great, it was also the only thing that fit at the time. I found that having the bottle ride on my hip works best to minimize the bounce factor.

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Hard to believe 30 miles is a taper. I think I only hit 30 miles once last year. I also was not training for a marathon.

I don't know about you but I would have had to go run the .1 miles last week to make the 45.

Unknown said...

I have the Nathan Ultimate Direction Belt too. Love it. Mine is pink though, of course.

Kim Herring said...

I love to get new toys - I hope you like that one - I borrowed one the first time I did a half marathon and liked it but have a different one now and yep - mine is pink!

Sounds like you have had some great training even if the last long run wasn't what you had hoped for. I'm looking forward to hearing a race report.

For myself - I haven't been doing any running but I finally got to enjoy and outdoor ride on Saturday that rivaled any ride that I had last year. 70 degrees and no wind - today we have snow again.

When will the madness end?

Christina said...

I saw your blog on Amy's site...great stuff! You rock! I added you to my fav blogs, hope you don't mind :)

Amy said...

Let me know how you like that fuel belt... right now I'm using the tradional fuel belt with 5 8oz containers. The belt part is elasticy and it ends up riding up to my girlie-bits... drives me insane!

Chief Wahoo said...

44.9 is a hell of a week!

Nice job!

Think of all the extra free time you will have with only 30 miles this week!

Andrew is getting fit said...

What an accomplishment! I am awe struck.

Daiquiri princess said...

You always did love new toys. Great job.

Roger S said...

New toys - a family trait. Most assuredly genetic. I have proof.

Roger S said...

And let me add that with a support group like this, it's no wonder you have ALL achieved greatness. I salute you all!!

Jeff's uncle - aka UR

Randi said...

Oh my lord! that's a heck of a lot of miles. That's new shoes every month kinda miles! good for you!

J~Mom said...

Cool new toy!! Let us know how you like it!

Great job with all of your miles!! almost 45~awesome!!