Monday, October 29, 2007

It's Monday!

The rain kept me and many others away from the Lance ride on Saturday. Ultimately, I found out yesterday, the ride was cancelled by organizers, but Lance did attend and he did run the 5k and bring in quite a bit of dough for the cause. An article from the Baltimore Sun about the event is here.

As for the week, exercise was almost non-existent. Even though I did travel for work with plenty of work out clothes, I never did make it to the fitness room. I got out yesterday for my weekly ride though. It was my first "cold"ride, but it was a good ride. When I left the house, the car thermometer said 49 and I knew the wind chill on the bike would drop the temp even lower, especially on longer down hills. For much of the ride, particularly one section of 2-3 miles of low rise but wide open road, Dave was the recipient of my lead as he found the spot behind me where I blocked the wind. It was a great ride, certainly aided by the lower temps. Need to beef up my cold weather gear, for sure!

Despite the lack of exercise, the scale continued to move in the right direction. The 15-day average dropped 3.8 pounds week-over-week to a new low of 251.8. Today's weigh-in also hit a new low of 248.6. Now, I need to get back on the treadmill.

L'Chaim!

5 comments:

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

I always pack my gear when traveling and sadly it tends to not get used (until this past cruise in August).

Great job with the weight. Keep it up or should I say keep it down.

Anonymous said...

Aww... bummer. On to the next event.

Pat said...

it was 97 degrees here for the SOMA Triathlon. A warm weekend even in the mornings. I'm glad I didn't have to go as far as those guys

we could use some of your cooler weather and you could use some of our warmer temps.

Unknown said...

Yeah for shrinking waistlines!!
And sorry ya missed Lance.

Pokey said...

Bummer the weather didnt cooperate for you. Like Pat said, we would be HAPPY to share some our HOT temps with you all!