Friday, October 19, 2007

Every Day Starts Out Good.

I started to call this post "A Good Day", but I stopped myself. The quality of a day shouldn't be judged by how far, how long or how much. These are just small parts of the the full picture. Part of the path to what constitutes a good day vs. a bad day.

Every day that starts with eyes opening is a good day. What happens from there is in my control. When I turn over and give Deb a kiss, that's good. The boys are alive and kicking, also good.

I've tended to measure good vs. bad in the sense of if the scale is up or down, if I feel like running or not, if I actually run or not, but now I realize that this is totally unfair to everything else that life throws at you. With that realization, I changed the name to Every Day Starts Out Good. It's what you do with it after that that makes it good or bad.

Anyway, yesterday started out good. Good 5k run on the mill. Home long enough to make the boys breakfast. Uneventful day at work.

Even though the days are getting shorter, the weather in these parts seems to be holding on to late summer -- upper 70's, low 80's all week, through early next week. Got in an unexpected pleasure -- 10 miles on the bike before the sun went down.

Kids off to bed and hung out with Deb to cap it off.

It was a very good day.

L'Chaim!

3 comments:

Pokey said...

GREAT day Jeff! I totally agree with your philosophy!

Roger S said...

and it's been a GREAT YEAR for you!!!!!!

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

That about sums it up Jeff. Thanks for the reminder.