Monday, October 22, 2007

Is it Monday, Again?

As the great Chico Escuela would have said, the scale "been berra berra good to me!"

This morning's weigh-in was at 250.2, a new total loss of 164 lbs. The rolling 15 day average is at 255.6, so this should come down nicely for next week as well. The diet and exercise seem to be really clicking now.

Last week was one of my best for exercise. 16 miles running included a great 7.6 mile run at Centennial Park (3 laps around the lake) on Saturday. For any tri-interested readers, Centennial Park is the home of the the Columiba Triathlon. The swim takes place in the lake itself. The bike route leaves and returns from the southern entrance off of Clarksville Pike, and the run begins on the south central portion of the course that I ran, then heads west aroun the lake and north out of the park into some local neighborhoods. There is very little flat land in this area so both the bike and run are pretty tough or so I'm told. (I've run and ridden parts of both courses.)


View Larger Map

Topped the runs off with 32 biking miles.

As for the diet, I haven't changed a whole lot, but the increased exercise is certainly helping. Yesterday's 21 mile bike ride burned 1600 calories -- almost half a pound! I've been trying to focus snacking on lower fat foods (i.e., less nuts!). I figure I can eat all the fruits and vegies I can handle. They're not going to kill the diet.

L'Chaim!

3 comments:

Kim Herring said...

Way to go Jeff! Keep up the good work - after taking a couple of weeks off I am setting my winter plan in motion. Lots of activity and healthy eating. The key for me is to have a written plan so that is on the agenda for today.

Nice work!

Pokey said...

Nice job Jeff!

164 pounds...you are an ANIMAL! I know I say it all the time, but you should be very proud of yourself.

Unknown said...

Good Job -
Can't go wrong with veggies.....its a near impossibility to eat 1800 kcals in broccoli, and it could give you some jet propulsion to make you faster!