18 months ago, I think I owned four pair of shoes:
- sneakers that I wore around town and to work at my local office
- dress shoes for well, the obvious, one pair, black
- canvas boat shoes, for around the house
- water shoes -- something for the beach
That was about it.
Today, I took four pair TO THE GYM!
- around town sneakers for going to and from
- mountain bike shoes with hard soles for spinning
- running shoes for, well running (duh!)
- shower shoes (compliments of the fine folks at Spenco and the Philly Distance Run)
I think I'm up to 10 pair total. Is it just me? Maybe need some kind of scientific review of this phenomenon -- as weight goes down, shoe ownership goes up. Just an observation.
Merry Christmas, all!