Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Blog-a-versary

It's hard to believe it's been a year since I posted my very first blog entry. I recall spending three days writing and rewriting that post, making sure everything was in there and it was proper English and all that!

Some highlights of the past year:

Then -- 279 pounds -- Now -- 229 -- a loss of 50 pounds
522 miles run
421 miles biked
Races completed: One 5k, One 5 miler, One 7 mile marathon relay, One 10k, Two half marathon's and, of course, One Full Marathon.

None of this was without pain, though. There were two ankle injuries and sciatic/piriformis issue that I had to deal with just a little more than a month ago.

Thank you all for your advice and support over the past year, especially Deb, who has pushed me out the door when I wanted to sleep in too many times to count.

It's been a great year!

L'Chaim!

11 comments:

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Happy blogaversary Jeff. It has been a pleasure following along your journey.

Unknown said...

Happy blogaversary. may yo have many more milestones to come!

Andrew is getting fit said...

Well done Jeff!

J~Mom said...

Happy Blogaversary!!! Can't wait to see what the next year brings!!!

Daiquiri princess said...

Happy blog-a-versary. Many many more.
what a difference a year makes. You have done an amazing job- keep it up

Anonymous said...

Yes... you forgot to mention capping off the year with a kick your brother's a** bike ride. Mazel Tov and well done. Neil

CoachLiz said...

Way to go Jeff!!!

Wishing you all the best for the next year so that when we read your 2009 Blogaversary post it will be more amazing than this year's.

P.S. Thank you so much for the TNT donation!

Amy said...

Happy blogaversary Jeff!

Give Deb a big smootch. There's something to be said about a supportive spouse, and I consider myself so lucky to have one! Whatever we're going through, they go through too! I love Deb. haha

You've accomplished so much, and I'm proud and honored to call you my blog friend.

Here's to an awesome 2nd Blogaversary!

Cheryl said...

Congratulations and Happy Blog-a-versary, Jeff! You sure have accomplished a lot in the past year. You are an inspiration!

Pokey said...

I expect many more great things from you in the coming year! But no pressure.

:P

Marathoner in Training said...

That is a awesome year. I am approaching my first year and I hope that I am as successful as you. Keep up the great work.