Monday, May 12, 2008

Couch Potato -- Well, Almost

Oh the guilt -- I ran not one single mile between Monday and Sunday. Not even an inch. Feeling quite guilty for being such a slug. Did manage a spin class and a 22 miler on the bike on Sunday. Man have I missed the bike. Muscles were screaming on the two big climbs. I heard 'em -- complaining about this new use for them. Has it been that long? My last ride was mid-January. It was colder yesterday than that gem back in mid-winter, but it was a great ride, nontheless.

As for the scale -- I didn't report last week and I don't have a formal report today, but I've seen a pretty nice drop since the marathon last weekend. A new low of 230.0 for a single weigh-in. (Just watched those digits on the scale teeter between 229.8 and 230.0 -- guess I shoulda tried to pee or something!)

This week? Start to break in the new shoes. Not a new style, just new pair of the ones that got me through 26.2 -- Saucony Grid Stabil 6. I'd like to get a base of 15-20 miles per week going until training for Marine Corps starts up this summer.

Gotta run!

L'Chaim!

9 comments:

J~Mom said...

I think it's a good idea to take a little mental break. Just not too long, right?

Andrew is getting fit said...

Enjoy the break while it lasts. ;)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on that amazing accomplishment Jeff!! UNREAL! You are truly my hero. You have been, and continue to be, an inspiration to so many. You should feel AMAZING! Maybe one of these years I'll join you and Dave in a 26.2....eeek...the thought is SCARY! :)

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Good job giving your body a rest. And nice cross training with the cycling.

Chief Wahoo said...

Enjoy the break after your amzaing accomplishment! And congrats on the new low weight!

Pokey said...

I think you deserve a Couch Potato weekend.....you've earned it!!!!

Cheryl said...

There's always a line for the bathroom at my Weight Watcher's meeting. Everybody trying to get rid of a few extra ounces before the weigh-in. :-) Congrats on the great weight! And, you deserve a rest after your big race. Enjoy it.

Amy said...

Enjoy your mini vacation!

I'm envious of those who enjoy biking. I decided a couple years ago that I would become a
duathon-er... until I started biking. Not really a fan! I had a bad biking accident when I was about 14... involved a concussion and a week in the hospital, haven't really enjoyed it since!

Anonymous said...

Couch potato time is over. Whatcha been doin'?