Friday, May 23, 2008

A Few Unrelated Things


Wanna wish a happy birthday to my dad. Since I'm not getting any older, you must not be either! Have a great one, dad.
Priceless

We went to the Orioles game on Saturday and my youngest (almost 8) came home and started to craft a letter to the O's. That letter was good, but then he wrote 4 pages to the Mariners, his favorite team that's not the Orioles.

Dear Mariners:

How is Ichiro doing? I hope he is doing good. Hey, is your team doing good? I hope so. What place are you in. Who is your rival? I wonder if can you send me a program and some baseball cards.

Who are your rookies?

Hey, I want to tell you this – I do Tae Kwon Do.

I have 4 baseball hits. I have 3 bobble heads. I have like 1 of your hats. So can you send me one and some magnets?

Now, let me tell you about my life. I have an electric guitar. I love geography. I play baseball. I know every football and baseball team. So I have 3 metals and like 100
hats.

So let me ask you some questions: Who is the most famous person on your team? How big is your stadium? What was your biggest game? I have 3 baseball video games. Did you change anything about the park? Who are you playing this season? What is a mariner?

Even I have a rock star room.

I have only been to one of your games because I live in Maryland but I like the team
and I have only been to Seattle once and saw the Space Needle and I went on the
duck ride and the museum near by the duck ride. I have a ton of books like the Cat and the Hat.

So you must be a good team. You got a player from my home team. Erik Bedard. He was a good player but your team deserves him. So I only went to one O’s game this year against the Nationals.

I have a ton of stuffed animals. I have 3 blankets. I love sushi and Chinese. Those are my favorite things to eat in the whole entire world. I have 2 foam fingers and 100 baseball cards.

I have a cockapoo and his name is Andy. My favorite candy is Sour Patch Kids. I love sour things. They’re my favorite.

How is the weather down there? Is it warm? It was warm down here. So is it there?

My favorite book is Geronimo Stilton. My favorite sport is baseball. I go to
elementary school. I have a pencil that has all the baseball teams on them. I have a Playstation. I play kickball on the side with my friends and baseball, but we fight sometimes. But it is fun but I strike out most of the time because they throw too fast. So it looks good but it’s really not. Sorry if I spelled anything wrong.

Your Friend, Matty.

I live in Ellicott City. Don’t worry if I spelled anything wrong. It could or not. Can you send the stuff?

The actual version of the letter is a real gem. Misspellings and all. Too good not to share. Hope the Mariners agree!

Good Luck

Lots of bloggers racing this weekend. Good luck to:
Amy running the Ottawa Half Marathon.
Dan going for the Black Bear Half IM Triathlon.
Jenny and Mike hitting the road for their first full marathon at the Madison Marathon.
Hope I didn't miss anyone. Can't wait to read your race reports.
L'Chaim!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks man.
The letter is priceless, you shold keep it forever!

Daiquiri princess said...

Happy Birthday to Dad. He looks great.
That letter is just too much- I love how expressive he is.

Cheryl said...

Kids sure say the darndest things! That letter is so cute. He had me cracking up at his stream of consciousness style. :-) I hope he gets an answer from the team!

And happy birthday to your dad, too!

Amy said...

3 things:

1. Happy Birthdya to your Dad
2. That letter is awesome
3. Thanks for the shout-out!

Andrew is getting fit said...

He's a natural blogger that kid!

J~Mom said...

Happy birthday to your DAD!!!

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

That is a great letter.

Yes I am next weekend but I can use all the well wishes I get Jeff.

CoachLiz said...

What a great letter! Make a copy and give it to him upon high school or college graduation.

Nitmos said...

I remember writing to all major league teams when I was a kid and striking gold when a few sent back actual signed autographs.