Saturday, March 22, 2008

Spring Break Part II

Friday was a pretty quiet day with a rest day scheduled for me. By mid-afternoon, it was time to get out with the kids.

Bowling is another acitivty that the kids ask about often. I had some free bowling coupons from Brunswick so we were off the bowl the big balls. We had a nice couple of games and I might have been convinced to bowl a third, if not for the constant back and forth to the arcade during the last 5 frames. In the second game, my eldest pulled off a two bumper strike early in the game and held me off until the last frame, when I managed a strike to pull ahead by a few pins.

We came home to Friday pasta night. With my long runs on Saturday, we've started this weekly tradtion to get the proper carb load for running.

Deb made a batch of chicken parm and a batch of eggplant parm. We all went to town. The eggplant was out of this world. Probably ate too much, too. I'm thinking she's got some I-talyin in her blood some where. Tasted just like Mama Mia!

The rest of the evening was spent watching the NCAA Tournament. No better sports entertainment, I'm sure of that. The numerous upsets coming out of the Tampa games kept me up WAY too late for long run Saturday.

L'Chaim!

No comments: