Tuesday, March 4, 2008

99.7

No, not my temperature. That's the number of miles I ran in February. 99.7. One might say to themselves -- "self, Jeff ran 99.7 miles for the month. Why not just add another 3/10 to make it an even hundred." That's a really good question. One to which I have no answer. Certainly, had I filled in the spreadsheet any time on Friday, I would have jumped on the treadmill in street shoes to make the even 100. But, alas, it was not to be. Guess it will have to wait until March when the training plan alone schedules over 130 miles.

For the week, my mileage totaled 28.1, including the B&A Half on Sunday. Unfortunately, the scale seemed to not want to cooperate. (Yes, I'm certain that my scale has a brain, otherwise, why would I not weigh 206?) The 15-day average jumped 1.2 pounds to 239.2, a new loss total of 174.8.

I'm committed to focusing on my weight to get down to 230 by marathon day. Still 10 pounds over my original target, but any loss will make the runs more comfortable. No more free passes on long run days!

L'Chaim!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So close Jeff! But anyway, what an achievement. Well done.

J~Mom said...

That .7 would put my ocd into overdrive. LOL Great job though on the 99.7!!

Robert Barker said...

Great job on the miles, you beat me by a few. Don't worry about the weight hiccup, you are down quite a lot, congrats on that.

Chief Wahoo said...

I hear ya on dropping a few pounds to make the running more comfortable. That is going to be one of my main goals over the next several months!

Way to go on that overall loss - you should be VERY proud!

Cheryl said...

99.7 miles?! That's awesome! And yes, I think the scale has a brain, too. I weigh myself, then take off an item of heavy clothing, weigh again... same number. I swear it is looking at me saying, "I see you standing there trying to outsmart me. I know it's still you!"