Monday, February 11, 2008

What a Week

Another week in the books and all signs are positive. I seem to have the diet back under control as I've dropped the 1.7 that I gained last week. Looking forward to more positives (or actually, negatives) on that front in the weeks to come.

I've already outlined some of my exercise for last week, but it was a great week all the way around. 21 miles total run in addition to two spin classes and one group power class. Just concentrating on running rather than run/walking seems to be working as I posted a 10:50 average on Friday for 5 miles and broke that with a 10:42 for 5k this morning. Could a sub-10 minute mile be far off???

The marathon training plan has 24 miles on the schedule for this week with a 12-miler on tap for the weekend. The miles just increase from here. The next week shorter than this one is not until late April.

Looking forward to more fun in the week to come.

L'Chaim!

6 comments:

Robert Barker said...

Just checked out your blog for the first time. You are doing great work, great speed.

Chief Wahoo said...

Keep up the good work! I am suprised at the jump in your long runs from 9 last weekend to 12 this weekend!

Cheryl said...

Right now, 12 miles seems like a ridiculously long way to go. I hope someday I get there, too. You are inspiring me! Keep up the good work.

Marathoner in Training said...

Glad to see you are on the right track down. Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

Oh, so much better than my Pats.

I can't believe how much booty you're kicking, Jeff. It seems like just yesterday you were injured and unable to run.

Pokey said...

Nice week Jeff....you are on a great track for your big day!!!