Monday, February 25, 2008

Hey, I Finished My First Marathon!

OK, it only took, me a week to do it, but it was more than 26.2 miles . . . 27.5 miles to be exact. A new mileage high for a week, but it keeps going up from here.

With all of those miles, plus a spin class, plus a group weight class, I lost just 2/10 pound. I've definitely been treating some of my brick and long run days as licenses to eat. Saturday night I ate until I felt like I was going to pop. It had been a long time since I'd felt that way.

A loss is a loss, but hey, more is better.

I know I'm gonna regret this but the weather report for Sunday's Half Marathon is a low of 40, high 48, partly cloudy. Can't ask for much better than that. 6 days and counting.

L'Chaim!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jeff!

J~Mom said...

Congratulations!! A loss is a loss and that is great!

Robert Barker said...

congrats on the new weekly high. Good luck on the half marathon this weekend.

Marathoner in Training said...

Congrats, it is good to sometimes go and eat like we want, not what we should. Just remember to buckle down and it will start to come off even more.

Chief Wahoo said...

Great job! The weather report sounds perfect for a nice long run.

Pokey said...

Great week Jeff!!!!