Saturday, November 3, 2007

Global Cooling

I hate being cold. Always have. Always will. It wasn't really a problem for the old blubbery me. I was never cold. I mean NEVER! I could go outside at 38 degrees without a jacket and be fine. We slept with the ceiling fan on in our bedroom -- year round.

One of the things I've learned over the past year is that old blubber was insulation. Sure, it makes sense, mentally, but it's leaving me COLD! As the temps drop, this winter looks to me like global cooling, not global warming. I got through last winter, but I'm a good 50 pounds lighter now. Sorta miss that permanent warm fat, in a sick sorta way.

The thermostat in my office is set to 72, but I'm cold as hell. I had to clean an inch of dust off of that old space heater in my office to warm up my frigid buns. It's damn cold! Yesterday, I was thinking about converting my desk to kindling so I could torch the damn thing.

Anyway, just thought you should know it's cold here outside Baltimore. Brrrrr!

L'Chaim!

6 comments:

Pat said...

yesterday morning we were all bundled up for our run. I was complaining about the cold. It was in the 50's.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like I wrote your post myself. I actually went through testing when I first started feeling so cold because I wasn't sure if I was anemic at the time or not. OF course I wasn't just lost my insulation.

Anonymous said...

That's why it's called "climate change."

:)

8 miles on a treadmill? You, Sir, are a machine.

Unknown said...

I am always cold. People at work are complaining about how hot it is, and I am piling on the sweaters and sweatshirts and looking around for snow and penguins in my office.
Small price to pay in my book though.

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Am I the only one that found the statement "cold as HELL" funny? I do know how you feel Jeff.

bigmike600 said...

I get that way too. I find myself putting the shorts away a lot sooner than I used to.