Monday, June 16, 2008

Off in the Distance

Even though June is just half complete, my goals for the month seem well off in the distance. With vacation looming, hitting them is certainly in doubt.

My weight continues to stagnate. Even though I'm down 0.4 pounds from last week, I'm just right at my low point of 229.3. I'm hoping that since this vacation will be more active than those in the past, I'll be able to at least maintain my weight. Pretty much no chance at my 5 pound loss goal.

This was a decent week for exercise. I did two Body Pump classes, one spin and just about 10 miles running. The plan for fathers day was to get up and out for a nice long bike ride, but I chose some much needed sleep instead. In the afternoon, I took the boys, along with my brother and nephew to the BWI trail for a ride. Neil and I spent about an hour 40 listening to every whine the kids could throw at us. There was no way we were going to let them give up and we eventually completed the 11 mile loop. (I have no doubt there were some snickers or at least a few knowing head nods from riders heading in the other direction as they passed us for the second or third time around.)

Fathers day was great, with a quiet early morning, Dunkin' Donuts coffee delivered in bed, a game of Let's Make a Deal or No Deal a la Mommy Hall and dinner at my brothers with all the family in attendance. A very nice day!

Since I missed my ride yesterday, I headed out early this morning and put in 20 before work. First time I've done that. I figure there's only about another month that I can given the early sunrise that will start to get later after summer starts next week. I must say, it was a very nice ride -- kinda chilly even, maybe low 60's. My pace was 15.1 mph, my fastest ride for any length. Not bad, considering 1700 feet of climbing over the 20 miles.

So far, I've got only 20 miles run and 50 on the bike, so 50 and 100 are gonna be tough at best. With that said, I'm really enjoying mixing it up a bit with the body pump classes and spinning too. I'm hoping that I'll be ready to start the official marathon training plan in just one week.

That's about it for now. Gotta get packing. Not sure if I'll get another post off before we go. If not, will write when I get back!

L'Chaim!

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

Sounds like a great Father's Day! And you really are getting in a lot of varied mileage -- way to go! Have fun on your vacation!

CoachLiz said...

Great job on the bike ride! That is a heck of a lot of climbing in 20 miles!

Have a great time on your vacation and it is all about moderataion.

Anonymous said...

Have a great vacation, Family Jeff!

Daiquiri princess said...

Happy belated fathers day. Have a great time of vacation. You are doing great.

K80K said...

There are some tough hills on the BWI trail too. Last time I road it I had to hop off once or twice and walk it, lol. I hope to get out there and run in sometime.

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Nice AM ride Jeff. And great job switching up the exercise. Have a great vacation.

J~Mom said...

Donuts delivered in bed? Now that sounds yummy!

Nitmos said...

Enjoy the trip!