Monday, June 9, 2008

Monday Leftovers

It's Monday and I've got a few leftovers from yesterday's race. Unfortunately, I'm in a bit more pain than I'd normally expect from a 7 miler. Although I've done plenty of whining about the heat and humidity, no more of that. I've got some blister on my right big toe and some pain in my left foot. I'm sure the foot pain is from failing to wear my orthotics. Strangely, it's the first time I've not worn them since they were delivered almost 6 months ago. Hopefully that pain will be gone in a couple of days.

Also, apologies on skimping out on a link for Fort McHenry yesterday. For my non-US friends, Francis Scott Key wrote the Star Spangled Banner, our national anthem while the Brits were busy bombing Baltimore in 1814. The flag, the city and the song survived.

As for the week in review, my weight has remained fairly constant over the past three weeks, really, varying less than a pound on average. Currently, I'm at 229.7, down 0.4 from last week, a total loss of 184.3.

Exercise wise, I did log 10.3 miles running, one spin class and one Body Pump class.

Last Tuesday, my brother and I took dad to Busch Gardens Williamsburg for a birthday present. We picked the day expecting light crowds with kids still in school and we weren't disappointed. We arrived just as the park opened and headed to their newest coaster -- Griffon. Check out this ride here.

The three of us riding Griffon at the bottom of the 205 foot drop at 71 mph!

By the end of the day, we had 15 or 16 coaster rides, including 8 times on Griffon plus a couple other rides around the park.

What a great day!

L'Chaim!

11 comments:

Roger S said...

Looks like a great day. I love roller coasters too, but I probably would have worn dark pants before riding Griffin.

Daiquiri princess said...

OMG you guys look like you had such fun. I know I am getting old but I swear you about the same size as Neil Now.

As for your foot pain sorry to hear that- orthotics make a big difference.

Take it easy today.

Cheryl said...

Fort McHenry looks beautiful. That would be awesome to run around - but on a cool, breezy day! :-)

And you three are some very brave, fun loving guys! That's nuts! What a great way to celebrate your dad's birthday.

Anonymous said...

It was a truly great day! It's what "they" had in mind when talking about male bonding. Many, many thanks to FFRG and jo brotha for one to remember.

J~Mom said...

You know I think I would have to pass on that coaster!! WHOA that looks crazy!!!

Andrew is getting fit said...

Thanks for the link! It looks great.

Anonymous said...

Dude, who's that skinny guy on the right?

Steve Stenzel said...

Sounds like fun!! And great photos!!!

CoachLiz said...

You are a braver soul than I am. Roller coasters scare me to death! I am glad you had a screaming good time and it looks like you are loosing more weight!

Way to go!!!

Nitmos said...

Roller coaster pictures are always the best. I always look like I ate something bitter though.

Kim Herring said...

OMG - that looks like a blast and it cracks me up the contrast in pictures. Another funny thing I noticed - you and your brother have fists clinched - dad is hanging on for dear life but you all have similar looks on your faces - great times!