Saturday, July 26, 2008

Gaining Weight

Whenever one of my blogger friends, particularly those coming from the "formerly fat" club, stops posting for an extended period, I start to wonder the worst. Are they gaining weight, not exercising, or is there some terrible life event that has stopped them from detailing their every day life? Deb pointed out to me that I'm now one of those delinquent bloggers, both writing and reading. It's been a couple of weeks since I've posted and I'm way overdue.

The good news is, it's all good news. I've been diligent in keeping up the exercise and watching everything I eat. After a week or so of keeping the food journal it got to be too much work. This week I was out of town and tracking food is tough when you don't have a label for everything, just a lot of guesswork. I was still down about 2 pounds through last Monday.

I've been on a roll on exercise, too, with a long ride of almost 41 miles last weekend in the 90+ heat and getting in two Body Pumps a week.

This week with travel on tap, I found a gym in MA that had a reciprocal deal with my gym at home. (Fifteen bucks for a week pass. Not bad.) Was able to hit the gym for two Group Power (eerily similar to Body Pump) classes and one of the best spins I've had. As for the Group Power, Monday's class was taught by Tom, a local fireman. Okay, that's cool. Tom showed up and it was kinda like Rodney Dangerfield teaching the class. Not the humor part, but the body part. Usually these classes are taught by some pretty well defined ladies and gentlemen. Tom was not, but he got it done. It was surreal watching him move (slowly) around the gym and yelling out instructions in his very thick Boston drawl.

So it's all good for me on that end. Still struggling through the foot pains and I need to make some decisions on the fall schedule pretty soon.

More travel on tap this week, so I don't know when I'll get in another post.

Thanks for checking in.

L'Chaim!

10 comments:

bigmike600 said...

Jeff
Blogging seems to be like a really cool toy. At first you can't put it down and it becomes your life. The after a while you realize it just is part of your life and only play with it a few times a week. We all understand.
You have really figured out how to manage yourself in both exercise and eating.
Nice bike too. I never did ask if you can swim? Maybe a sprint triathlon is in your future?

Daiquiri princess said...

I was getting worried Jeff. I have been watching your blog page everyday for the 10 days I have been home. Ok the first 7 days were with extemely burred vision. Glad to hear everything is going good for you.
I am waiting to hear how the swim/bike event goes.

Unknown said...

Jeff I'm so proud of you! I've been surfing your blog for the last 45 minutes. It's awesome to see you, Deby and the kids doing so well and healthy.

God bless you,
Paula

Andrew is getting fit said...

Glad to hear you are still alive and doing well Jeff.

I'm starting to think a sprint triathlon sounds like fun after reading bigmike's blog.

Anonymous said...

Keep rolling along... we've got our collective eye on you.

Pat said...

That's my story. stop blogging, run less, gain weight. I'm the poster boy for that. But, now that the Reds are pretty much done, I can do more running and less watching bad baseball.

J~Mom said...

I haven't had any good blogging stories but I am still over here exercising. :>)

Chief Wahoo said...

Jeff-

Glad to hear all is right in your world. The same is true here - although the running has been a little more sporadic than I would like.

Pat said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I guess I wasn't clear. The teams that have spring training in AZ, also, have rookie league teams here. The Cubs have the Mesa Cubs and the Giants have the Scottsdale Giants. It was those teams I got to see. Kids right out of high school and kids from the islands trying to make it to the bigs. The best part of rookie league ball, is it's free.

Anonymous said...

just stumbled upon you so Im off to read the back story.

love that you end with l'chaim ;)

Miz.