Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The "D" Plan

I'm tired of looking at the scale and seeing the same range of numbers. In the last three months, I've gravitated between 229 and 233. Just really holding steady. It's time for a jump start, so here's the plan:

  • Diary: Yesterday, I started keeping a diary of my food intake. I've tried it before, but have never been able to keep it up for more than a couple of weeks, if that. Usually, I'll hit a bad patch and stop recording, but I know that this will get me to be more conscious of what I'm eating. I'm using Fit Day and you can see my progress here.
  • Intake: Plan is to keep to under 2,000 calories per day. After one day, I quickly realized how many calories I had been consuming -- 3,000 or more per day, I'm sure. Ideally, the ratio will be 50% carbs, 30% protein and 20% fat. The fat will be the tough part, I fear.
  • Exercise: 5 hours per week is the goal. The idea is 2 hours of Body Pump and three hours of cardio -- biking, swimming, etc. This is totally doable.

The goal is to break 199 by year's end. That's just 1 1/4 pounds a week. At 2000 calories a day, I should generate enough of a calorie deficit to lose as much as 2-3 pounds per week, but I'm not gonna get crazy -- heavy activity days will require more fuel, and that I'll take in.

So that's the plan. Not too complicated. Just need to stick to it.

L'Chaim!

5 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Good stuff.

I'm thinking of knuckling down and tightening a few things up as well.

J~Mom said...

I think that is what has made the biggest difference this go around for me...fueling the longer workouts knowing that I wasn't going to lose weight off of them. That reversal of thinking has made all the difference for me. Looks like a good plan!

Unknown said...

Nothing like a little public reporting to keep ya honest.
Good luck with your goals.

Nitmos said...

I dropped 15 pounds in like 4 months just by switching from baked snacks (chips, crackers, etc) to fruits, veggies, yogurt, etc. Takes awhile to get used to it but, believe it or not, you actually crave the healthy stuff before long.

Good luck.

Steve Stenzel said...

Good luck with the plan! Keep it up!!!!!