Thursday, February 5, 2009

Back on the Team

I couldn't have been more honored and excited to be asked to serve as a Howard County, Maryland Team in Training mentor for the Summer 2009 season.


Saturday was one of the info meetings at the library where new recruits come to check out the program. I was there with the two other local mentors and coaches for the run/walk, bike, tri and hike programs. As a mentor, I'll be helping others meet their fundraising goals. (Don't worry, I won't be asking for any money. . . yet!) Every seat was filled and the sign ups were coming in fast and furious. Can't wait to get my list of mentees. (Is that a word? Well, I'll be darned, it is a word!)

There are some great events on the calendar including the new Seattle Rock and Roll Marathon. I'll be running the Frederick Half, the only local running event.

Let the running begin!

L'Chaim!

5 comments:

Pat said...

If you put mentees in diet coke, you get a huge eruption. Or maybe that's Mentoes.

I thought about being a TnT Mentor too. It's a big commitment, you'll do great.

bigmike600 said...

Hey Jeff
I haven't been doing much blogging.. the facebook thing has been working better.

No one could ever hope to have someone as great as you as their mentor. You are the best example of what discipline, focus and hard work can do. And those things are free.

CoachLiz said...

Yes, Mentees is a word in the TNT world. Congratulations on your new "job". You will do great. Also congratulations for winning the Super Bowl pool.

Daiquiri princess said...

Congrats Jeff.

TNT has a great man in there to help the others

Andrew is getting fit said...

They couldn't have chosen a better fellah!