Friday, February 20, 2009

13 Blissful

Deb and I celebrated our 13th anniversary this week by spending four quiet days in Ocean City, MD. In season, May through September, OC is inundated by a couple hundred thousand beach goers. Mid-winter, it's more like a couple of hundred. Pure bliss!

We hung around our ocean front room watching the crappy weather out our sliding glass door, had some nice meals, watched some movies (The Visitor, W., and half of Swing Vote, if you must know) and mostly enjoyed being together. (Thanks to mom and dad for hanging with the kids.)

I got in a couple of crappy weather runs on the boardwalk -- mid-30's, high winds, rainy. I've concluded that it's far faster to run with the 15 mph wind at my back rather than in my face. (This may seem somewhat silly but since treadmills have no wind factor and I've temporarily suppressed my allergy to cold weather, this was truly a monumental moment.)

Now that we're home, it's time to prepare for tomorrow's indoor triathlon. Oh yeah, that little thing I signed up for with all intentions of getting in at least one swim. Well, no time for that. I'm getting in the water cold. Hope I won't sink! Looking forward to. . . well, finishing! Will give a report on that over the weekend. Have a great one!

L'Chaim!

4 comments:

Daiquiri princess said...

You'll be great- I swear- swimming is easy.
Congrats on the 13 yrs together- may you have many many more.

Amy said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your wifey! :)

Good luck tomorrow!

I sooo wish I was a swimmer. I just find the training so BORING.

Andrew is getting fit said...

Congratulations on the 1st 13. I hope the next 13 bring you even more joy.

Coach Liz said...

Congratulations on 13 years of marriage! I know that you will bounce back from the setbacks and that you will find the perfect calling. Remember that there is a plan. It is His plan and we just need to relax in put faith in the plan.

I can't wait to hear about the indoor tri.