Friday, January 15, 2010

Out the Window

No other way to put it. Just throwing all of my goals for 2010 out the window. No other choice really. And its a good thing.

Why is that? Well, my "involuntary semi-retirement" is over. (Yeay!)

I started a new job as Director of Special Projects for a company in my old industry, based in North Florida. (No, no relocation planned.) I couldn't be more excited.

It's not that I didn't accomplish anything during my hiatus. I watched the complete The West Wing tv series on cable. There was also the Daniel Silver thriller series featuring Israeli Secret Service killer Gabriel Allon. (Outstanding reading, by the way. Check out The Kill Artist first.) I'm very proud.

There was also the daily morning coffee that I shared with my Mrs. I'll most certainly miss that the most.

The new position will require a lot of travel. Though travel can be diet and exercise destructive, I'm determined not to let it be so. I found a 24 Hour Fitness near my hotel in Fort Worth, TX Wednesday night and had a great spin class and run. Gotta keep that up.

It's time to move on and put 2009 behind me and have a great 2010 and beyond.

L'Chaim!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

For two years I traveled for a week each month to Charleston, WV. To help me eat right, I tried to stay in places where I could bring my own food, such as a Residence Inn. Eventually I started staying in B and B's, but the innkeepers quickly learned that I did not eat a large breakfast,, and they let me use their kitchens to hold materials for healthy lunches.

I still had to go out to dinner, but at least having the other meals be sane helped a lot. Even ordering well at dinner was hard, because restaurant food is so salty.

Congrats on the new job, and best of luck with the travel. Ann

Pat said...

congrats on the job. Let me know if you travel to AZ at all.

Andrew is getting fit said...

Aah...work! Always getting in the way of our lives but those paychecks are so damn addictive!

So pleased for you Jeff.

My Life said...

Congrats again on the new job. It's exciting you get to throw out the old goals an incorporate even newer adventures! Did I just see on FB you ran a race in TX?! Very cool.

Keep that glass half-filled Jeff!

Daiquiri princess said...

Congrats on the Job Jeff- I hope you will be able to get in some of the things you wanted to do.

K80K said...

Congratulations Jeff! So! PF Chang's 2011? :D It is on my plan.