Saturday, May 29, 2010

I'm Alive

So much has happened in the last two months. Where to begin?

The big news is the move. We're moving. Not just any old move across town, a big move, halfway across the country. In another month, we're heading to Keller, Texas, just north of Fort Worth. It's a job related move and I'd say we're all nervously excited about it. It's big for us and we'll be sad to go, but we're ready to take it on.

We've got plenty of room at the new place. Just let us know when you'll be in town for a visit!

While all of this is going on, I've been working in Florida. You might have heard something about this little oil thing in the Gulf of Mexico. Well my company helps to clean up the mess. It's a seven day a week all hands on deck thing, so Deb is left with house duties while I'm on the Florida panhandle.

I'm really missing the family right now. They're off at Ocean City, MD while I'm in Panama City, FL. Wish they were here. Wish I was there.

In the mean time, I'll admit to doing a pretty poor job of taking care of my body. Working 14-16 hour days doesn't leave a lot of time to take care of yourself. Not to mention the endless quick meals -- fast food, subs, etc. I did just join a gym near where I'm staying. Hoping to get into a routine to hit their 5 am classes before heading in to work. Gotta do something. Feeling FAT!

Sadly, I'm conceding the goals that I set for the year. Won't hit the weight goal. . . or the running goal. . . or the biking goal . . . or the blogging goal. Running would certainly be easiest, since no equipment is required. I just can't get moving. When I think back to my training last summer, I can't even imaging running ten miles right now. I've got work to do. I've fallen and I need to get up.

So, that's the down and dirty. Lots going on. Lot's to do. Next report, I expect, will be from Texas (Y'all!)

L'Chaim!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, that is wonderful news! You have accomplished SO much...don't let it get you down. Celebrate what you have done. Congratulate yourself when you do well and forget the missteps..it happens to all of us because life intrudes. Enjoy each day, each moment and never waste a second berating yourself at what you didn't do...look at what you have done. It is monumental. As always, best of luck! Hope you are reunited with your family soon. Take care! Gail Spence

Michael Becker said...

Could I be the first to see this post? Thanks for all the previous posts, I have read a bunch. I have enjoyed reading and wish you, Deb and the kids lots of luck in Texas. I know when I work long hours I let lots of things go. dr visits, time with family and I also gain weight as well..some of the people I work with lose when working long stressful hours. I guess it is different for everyone. Not sure the solution for that one but good luck figuring it out, I hope I do also. Keep up the great work.

Cheryl said...

So you've already bought a house? I was going to tell you of a family I know who is moving back to Oklahoma from Keller, TX and trying to sell their house. Oh, well. Best of luck with the move and new job! Hope everyone acclimates to Texas without too much trauma. :-) It's a great place to live, as I recall. (from the early 80's)If you get lonely for seeing some trees, go east!

Daiquiri princess said...

Going to miss you- Good luck in Texas- Keep your head up and remember no matter what you are amazing

Andrew is getting fit said...

Good luck with the move. Hope you get your fitness mojo back soon.

Katie said...

Jeff, I think helping to clean up the oil is even more admirable than hitting a running goal this year. Hang in there. Once you get settled you can set your goals again. Maybe your year will run from October1, 2010 to October 1, 2011 - its still a year! So proud of you!

Unknown said...

God is soooo Good! You and Deb must truly feel blessed in your new house! I will keep you and the family in my prayers that you have a smooth and healthy transition to Texas!!

Blessings,
Paula Hammond